Dermal fillers are crystal-clear gels used to restore the skin’s healthy look by plumping out lines and restoring volume in the cheeks, chins, lips, décolletage and even the backs of hands. They are often used to soften wrinkles, such as the nose to mouth lines, or to hydrate from within by attracting moisture into the deeper levels of the skin. Dermal fillers are also used to sculpt contours in the cheek areas and give youthful volume in the lip area.
What are dermal fillers exactly?
- The soft gels we use are based on Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which is naturally found in young skin, where it attracts moisture and gives ‘bounce’
- The gel is injected into the skin where it replenishes the HA that is slowly lost through the ageing process.
- Dr Kishan only uses the highest grade of dermal fillers, which have consistently proven performance and are subjected to strict testing.
- Dermal fillers gradually disappear over several months and eventually treatment will need to be repeated to keep up the effect.
- After consultation and agreeing the appropriate level of treatment, we apply an anaesthetic cream and when it is numb, the filler is gently injected into the skin.
- The procedure is quick -often it takes just 30 minutes or less and most people have no pain at all and minimum side effects.
- As with any injection, a little redness and swelling is possible, but this usually subsides quickly and can be hidden with make up.
- In very rare cases people may develop an allergy to even the highest quality dermal filler products available; however this is a risk that is minimized through consultation with our medically qualified staff.